Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Call My Name

I call my poetry "bad poetry" simply because I care nothing for rhyme or meter. I flow, and what comes out is written. With that in mind, here's a poem I wrote today.


Call My Name

Call my name and save me from the dark,
The chasm opens and beckons to me.
A hungry mouth, wanting its sacrifice,
It whispers sweet nothing,
promises everything, though it has nothig.
It is nothing. Endless and cold,
The darkness steals everything,
Consuming the light inside,
Leaving naught but a hollow shell.

Call my name and save me from the dark.
I'm so scared, so afraid of the nogthingness.
Lead me from the cavern, lead me away
From the spiraling depths contained
In the gaping maw of the toxic beast.
My heart pounds, my breath pauses,
Not a sound I make while I wait,
Eyes closed, utterly still while I wait,
Wait and pray for rescue.


-K Perrin 9/9/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment