Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wednesday Review: A Christmas Imprint by McKayla Schutt

A Christmas Imprint by McKayla Schutt


I can’t say where or how I ended up with this text. I am glad it appeared on my Kindle, but how it got there continues to elude me. I decided it was time to make a cut on my TBR list, so started with this one. I have many books that need to be read, but time is a big factor for me. This review has already been posted to all the review sites, so enjoy!

My Review:

My memory fails me, I do not know how this book ended up on my Kindle. But I read it anyways, and being the good girl I am, am now leaving the review. I say this because I’m simple not sure if this was a gift or something I bought on a whim, as I often do.

McKayla Schutt weaves a brief tale about a romance between Anne, an assistant in a law firm, and Drake, a lawyer in that same firm. The pair meet at a Christmas Party the law firm throws, and later form their romance.

I did not see a “problem” in this story. There did not seem to be any odds to beat, or any resistance at all, to the romance between the two. What draws the reader in, though, is the mystery of what an “imprint” is, and how it affects the characters.

In this respect, however, the author did not quite give a full explanation. Rather, the point of the story rather seemed to be a brief tale of sex between strangers that is somehow love. If that is what the reader is looking for, you’ve found it.

However, one must take into account that this is indeed a short story, and should not have the same standards as would be expected from a full novel. In this respect, A Christmas Imprint fits the bill of a quick paranormal fling, gratuitous sex included.

In spite of the setbacks, it was an enjoyable read; a read I may very well grab again when I’m in one of my lonely moods. For this reason, I give this a four star review. If you like paranormal romances and want a quick read, grab this now. It’s worth it.

Blogger’s Notes:

I know I normally don’t tear into people, so writing such a harsh review makes me feel guilty. But as much as I’d love all my reviews to be pretty, I simply can’t. I ended the book craving more, and was slightly disappointed in it. I wouldn’t read it again, but I may still give the series a chance. Time will tell.

Buy Links:

Amazon


Author Links:

Goodreads

Blog

Amazon

Twitter

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment