Saturday, May 23, 2015

Q&A Saturday - 5-23-15

Saturdays are Q&A day around here, and something I always look forward too! This Saturday is no different. Let me get straight to it.

Kelly B. Asks: “What one character of yours has surprised you the most (in development, motives, etc)?”

I think I am going to have to slip into my roleplay roots here. I have a character who, when I designed her originally, was going to be a character in the Raven’s War series. In fact, she was supposed to be the first character introduced. When I first started roleplay back in MySpace days, it was her that I played.

Originally, she started out as Katarina. No last name, because she was on the run from an abusively scary ex-husband. She started out as a human with the ability to make spells actually work. Nothing spectacular, but love spells and money spells and the such that you find in books at any decent book store always worked for her. She was a mirror image of me in many ways, but had her past made just a bit rougher for dramatic purposes.

Somehow, she evolved in six months time while playing on MySpace. First she became a goddess, then found out that she was also vampire from her father’s side. Later she mated with a lion-shifter and picked up his ability to shift. She also somehow absorbed some demon powers, and became quite mentally unstable.

I have to make this clear, I never once intended for this character to get this powerful! Some of it evolved out of my control, some of it was the result of one too many coffees and not enough sex. (Yup, I said that!)Or was it the pregnancy? Not sure at this point, everything got smashed together that year.

I later tried playing her on Facebook, but never could seem to quiet her mental instabilities. I tried again on Roleplay.me, and she evolved even more. It seems that the reason she has evolved so much is because she mimics powers used around her. The longer she’s in contact with a certain power, the stronger that power becomes in her.

What is sad, tragic, etc about this character, now named Katarina Perrin, is that she was originally based off me. But I became so well known by my friends as Kat, that the name stuck. It is now my pen name. And all this woman wanted was a family to love her and to love in return. That was it. Even with all the drama and heartache dealt out to her throughout my time roleplaying, her only reason for continuing was to make a family that could love her and let her love them.

She failed, by the way. The last time I roleplayed all Kat’s children hated her, her family deserted her, and she was completely alone in the world. Except for one. An immortal prince who gave his life to his mistreated brother. A man who she was proud and honored to call her brother, Styxx. Styxx was always there, even when he wasn’t there.

Well, Kelly, I hope that answers your question! If not, let me know. I have one other candidate for you.

Do you have a question for me? Just ask in the comments below or send a message to my Facebook page. If you’re lucky enough to be friends on my personal page, you can ask me there as well.

Love and light to all,
~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment